Tuesday 19 March 2013

happy are the homemakers

 
Plates from the tip + plate hangers make for a very happy homemaker!  Thanks to my trusty (!) stud finder - which also highlights electrical wires - I had to choose a different wall than originally intended. These Janke plates are now on top of the fridge and the cupboard above it - but just as striking as they would have been elsewhere.
They're joined by a bright new clock that was a housewarming present - I think the blue is fantastic against the white of our walls and even contrasted with the black of the pendants above the island bench.  These photos don't show you our new hammer mark which is on the ceiling above the plate on far left - woops!  Do you ever have those moments when you break something - or make a permanent mark! - and think 'Thank goodness that was me and not my partner'?  This was one of them!
And now in context to last week's picture hanging efforts...  I have been very conscious of putting our own things up on the walls.  The house - as I've mentioned previously - was built through a large Victorian building company.  Although we'd had our hearts set on a very modern house design - which we were having drawn up by an independent draftsman - we had to go with the building company as their homes were such good value.  We would have never been able to afford something else.  Anyway...  I find that these display kind of homes are often bereft of art and other homemaking touches - something I've been desperate to remedy.  It looks like I've made a start!

6 comments:

  1. The plates look just right where you have put them, the space waiting for them. Your colour is coming up well,now with the white background, just as you imagined. love Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is coming up well, isn't it?! Very pleased I went with my instincts...

      Delete
  2. From the tip?! They look fabulous and I love how you've hung them...very eye catching.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the rubbish dump! They have a shed filled with things people don't want! Amazing, I know. Thanks for the comment, glad you like how I've hung them - I'm surprised they're not gappier as I'm not usually that precise!

      Delete
  3. Are the plates hard to eat from like that? They look amazing up there.

    ReplyDelete